Thursday, January 12, 2012

5-Year-Old Sings 'I'm Sexy And I Know It' At Nightclub

PROVIDENCE, RI - DECEMBER 29:   Isabella Barre...Image by Getty Images via @daylifeWhen does a baby beauty pageant go too far?

Is it when a toddler or preschool aged little girl is smothered in make-up and wearing a skimpy outfit?

Or is it all just in good fun, prepping the next generation of super models and fashionistas?

Then again, can we at least draw a line at dressing your child up like a prostitute?

What is your opinion of Toddlers & Tiaras? Is it offensive or adorable?

I'm all for dressing up children fashionably.  Children's clothing lines such as Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Mini for kids and Jeffrey Sebelia's La Miniatura clothing line for boys wouldn't have achieved overnight success if people didn't care about kiddie fashion.  

I often ooh and ah over the adorable little outfits for little kids whenever I shop for myself as well.  And I do love seeing little girls all dolled up with their adorable curls, cutie little shoes and dresses and the bows in their hair...  It's cute!

But is a baby beauty pageant cute?  Or is it just...sad?  Scary?  Paedophile attracting?  ....particularly when a child is dressed up like Julia Roberts working the corner in "Pretty Woman"...

[VIDEO] 5-Year-Old Sings 'I'm Sexy And I Know It' At Nightclub - Swagbucks TV
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment